Al-Islamia is a registered charity, founded in 2006, which at present operates an independent Islamic school. The charity aims to provide pupils with good quality education and nurture them to become the best they can be as Muslims and citizens.
Al-Islamia currently offers pre-school and primary education (KS1 & KS2).
The Trust is governed by voluntary members of the public, who are responsible for aspects of the school as follows:
Molana Haroon Makda – Chair of Trustees; oversees Curriculum
Molana Zubair Kola – Head Teacher; oversees Finance
Molana Ahmed Dadibhai – Safeguarding
Our Ethos, Values and Aims are very clear:
We are determined to provide a wholesome learning, teaching and nurturing environment underpinned by Islamic values.
Our values are derived from Surah al-Asr:
By the passage of Time. Indeed, man is in a state of loss, except those who believed and did righteous deeds, and enjoined one another to follow the truth, and enjoined one another to observe patience (Al-Asr 103:1-3).
The above chapter reminds humankind to uphold the following values throughout time:
- Monotheism (Tawheed – belief in one God) and belief that Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was the final prophet.
- Imitation of the Prophet Mohammad’s (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) character and lifestyle
- Service to humanity
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect and Tolerance
These are the values that we work hard to characterise at Al-Islamia.
We derive our Aims from a verse of Surah al-Hujurat:
O humankind, verily we have created you from a male and a female, and made you into races and tribes, so that you may identify one another. Surely the noblest of you, in Allah’s sight, is the one who is the most pious (God fearing) of you. Surely Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware (Hujurat – 49:11).
- Celebrate who we are
- Strive to become the best we can
The following verse of the second surah of the Holy Qur’an aptly illustrates why the rainbow has been chosen as our logo
[Behold] the colouring of Allah! For who is better in colouring than Allah? We are to worship none other but Him (al-Baqarah 2:138).
We have, as our logo, the rainbow, a phenomenon of natural colour created by Allah through the interaction of rain and sunlight.
Implementing Our Vision:
Alongside an ambitious and supportive academic curriculum that is delivered through an enquiry-based approach, we also schedule and incorporate events and activities to allow children to develop an experiene-based understanding of our values. Over the years, this has included:
- Units of work focusing on inventions by Muslims that contributed to the development of culture and society, such as establishing universities and contributing to the study of aviation
- Integrating activities into planned units that focus on how Muslims contributed to world events, including translating classical texts into a shared language; saving the lives of the persecuted during the major world events and efforts towards abolishing racial inequality
- Theme days focusing on Prophets of Islam
- Working with As-Salaam Trust to collect and distrubute food items for the food bank
- Delivering our PSHRE curriculum with a central focus on Islamic teachings and values
As our values suggest, we are fully commited to the Equality Act 2010, and the SEND Regulations 2014, and promote this through our Recruitment and Admissions Process, as well as implementing these values within our PSHRE Curriculum. Policies regarding this can be found on our Policies page.
Further information about upcoming events, activities and theme days at Al-Islamia can be found on our Notice Board. Images from past events are stored in our Gallery. We also invite you to read our Ofsted reports, which outlines the quality of our provision.